Today was a long but enjoyable day at TEDxMidAtlantic. It’s refreshing seeing so many different perspectives and open minds converge on a single stage at the Maryland Institute College of Art. Perhaps even more mind blowing is videos from every talk are already online for anyone to view. Here are 5 of my favorite, must-see TEDxMidAtlantic talks from today (sorry no direct links yet, you’ll have to scroll through and find their names):
- Will Noel – Talked about restoring a book from Archimedes and sharing it with the world under a Creative Commons license.
- Scott Simon – Talked about his most memorable story that he covered in Sarajevo in the 1990s.
- Peter Agre – Story about his career in science and winning the Nobel Prize in 2003. Very funny guy.
- Tony Geraci – Talked about how he transformed school lunches in Baltimore City Public Schools.
- Marcus Ranum – Talked about how everyone on the Internet is using TCP/IP and how upgrading the whole planet earth would be hard to do.
A big thanks goes out to the hundreds of volunteers who made this event even possible. Here’s a picture from @sengseng of their standing ovation.
Other coverage of TEDxMidAtlantic: