The DC tech scene is just bursting at the seams with interesting (and free) tech events and un-conferences coming up this fall. I don’t know If I will be able to attend them all but here are a few that made it on to my radar.
Accessibility Camp DC is taking place at Martin Luther King Library on October 10, 2009. The event will cover topics and discussions about making the web more accessible.
- E-mail – info@AccessibilityCampDC.org
- Twitter – @AccessCampDC
- Cell – 703-587-2458
- Wiki – http://barcamp.org/AccessibilityCampDC
PublicMediaCamp will be at American University on October 17 and 18, 2009. The event aims to put 100 developers, 100 public media supporters, and 100 people who work for public broadcasting companies in a room and see what comes of it.
- RSS Feed – http://publicmediacamp.org/feed/
- Wiki – http://wiki.publicmediacamp.org/
- Twitter – @PublicMediaCamp
- Hashtag – #pubcamp
TEDx Midatlantic will be held on November 5, 2009, at the Maryland Institute College of Art in Baltimore, MD. The event will feature presentations by many of the leading thinkers and doers in the MidAtlantic Region.
- E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter – @TedXMidatlantic
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=112275396087&ref=nf
BarCamp3 is the grand daddy of all DC tech events. It will be at the Martin Luther King Library on November 14, 2009. This is always my favorite event of the year.