It is bad enough when you receive e-mail you didn’t ask for, it is even worse when companies are willing to pay the postage in order for you to get their solicitations. I was sick of getting the same junk day after day, so I came up with this simple 4 step plan…
- Make sure it is junk mail. You will have to open the envelope in order to continue. Besides you would really feel like an ass if you overlooked the obvious.
- Layout all of the mail and cross-out any personal information. Hopefully you would do this anyway if you were just going to toss it. If the company really wanted to get back to you I’m sure they could find your address in their huge database.
- Look for the pre-paid envelope and stuff as much of their junk back into it. Bonus points for getting the envelope they sent all this crap in stuffed in their. Let them deal with their trash on their dime.
- Put it back in the mail and send it to back to them!
If you have a bunch of junk mail on your hands then mix ‘n match! I’m sure they would love to see the materials their competitors are sending around. Hopefully these companies will realize it is too costly to keep sending junk mail to you and will drop you from their list.
For a quicker route to reduce your junk mail load you might consider visiting these sites:
- Register your name with the Mail Preference Service of the Direct Marketing Association.
- Opt out of those pre-approved credit card offers at OptOutPreScreen.com
- Further advice is available at JunkBusters.com.